Sunday, September 9, 2012

Maine Knows How to Garden


I recently visited the acclaimed Coastal Maine Botanical Garden in Boothbay, Maine and I was not disappointed.  This fairly new botanical garden is exceptional.  The designers of this garden were very respectful of Maine and the environment.  They used lots of water, stone and natural plants to captured and stay true to the essence of the Maine coast line. Whether you visit the scented garden, children’s garden or walking trails, you will experience unexpected surprises and wows around every corner.  

Because pictures are worth a 1000 words, I will let my pictures give you an idea of what you can expect if you were to visit this garden in mid-August.










The children’s garden was the best, most child-friendly beautiful and fun garden I have ever seen in a botanical garden. However, you will have to wait for my separate blog post to see all the great features designed just for the kids.


1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely garden, and looks like one I would enjoy visiting. There are so many interesting foliage combinations. I particularly love the ones that include a variety of ferns, Hostas and other beautiful plants in interesting textures. The waterfall planting is wonderful, as is the planting around the stairs leading up the hill.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs